Tuesday, May 31, 2011

playingwithtoys: Everything Could Be Fine cassette



Records are for posers, reel-to-reel is for the real deal, eight-track is for the freaks and cassettes are for? Sometimes music just sounds great on that jittery medium. I used to make mixes off of KROQ back in the day on my Sony Walkman and go ride my bike around the neighborhoods of Orange County singing my head off.

Nowadays I mostly wear out an already worn copy of Tracy Chapman's self-titled debut and a few Blanket Truth albums on tape. However, I immediately snatched up Sun Glitters' electro-storm of a debut Everything Could Be Fine on the late 80s kid analog. BUT unfortunately a little gaff at the factory delayed the delivery by more than a month!

The label head of We Get By and Sun Glitters' own Victor Ferreira were kind enough to quell my queries and insure they didn't just, "take the money and run." I happily received it a few days ago and am eager to experience Everything Could Be Fine in a whole new way.

Listen:
Sun Glitters-"Too Much To Lose"

Look:
original 8.Bit Samba review
Sun Glitters on bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment