Tuesday, May 10, 2011

albumreview: Sun Glitters' Everything Could Be Fine (2011)



I first discovered Sun Glitters thanks to Anthony Fantano over at The Needle Drop. I was immediately struck dumb by the wave of melancholic grooviness apparent in my favorite Glitters track, "Too Much To Lose." I followed suit and grabbed the entire record, Everything Could Be Fine, off the Lëtzebuerger artist's bandcamp.

Sometimes I have trouble getting into primarily instrumental music. I can't shut up and really listen. Everything Could Be Fine is teaching me to dig deep between the frosty soulful samples off songs like "Feel It" and "A Dragonfly in the City" and let the snyth melodies and purring bass on songs like "Beside Me" and "Find Your Way (See)" pass through me like brisk air currents reawakening the negative space.

Victor Ferreira has crafted sonically united album, but it feels fit for any occasion. Not just for chilling, not just for weeping alone in the bedroom, it could be heard after hours at a club or played on a calm roadtrip down the coast. Everything Could Be Fine is a wonderful album and will get you hooked on Sun Glitters in no time.

Listen
Sun Glitters-"Too Much To Lose"

Look:
Sun Glitters on bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment