Tuesday, May 31, 2011

MNDR @ The Echoplex 05.17.11



Couch surfing as I may, I need to see LA and all its splendor (or squalor) whenever I get the opportunity. So after day two of my new job I called up a hip friend in the music biz (as they say) to see what was going on that evening. Turns out a huge dance night at The Echoplex (below The Echo) was going down. How could I say no?

Unplanned and underprepared, we arrived just in time for MNDR. Easily mistaken for my local librarian or a devious cat lady, Amanda Warner, is an electro-pop singer with better chops and less bullshit than some of her more Target-brand peers.

My friends' raved about her pre-show, and like Candian glitter-pop boy Diamond Rings, Warner engaged the entire crowd throughout. It was clear there were some devout followers in attendance that night. And all I can declare is that Warner knows what she's doing and next time she performs locally, you can sign me up, I am now part of the MNDR converted.

Listen:
MNDR-"Cut Me Out"

Look:
official site of MNDR

No comments:

Post a Comment